Mostly Honest Portraiture
I operate under the assumption that nobody is perfect, and everybody would like to look a little better. Most portrait photographers will remove temporary blemishes such as acne, but, unless asked not do do so, I go a step further. If you have any visible permanent blemishes, I will reduce or remove them. If you're overweight, I will make you thinner. If you're too skinny, I will make you bigger. These modifications will be subtle, and nobody will notice them. Let me know whether you would like me to be more or less aggressive with these edits. Very aggressive editing may incur an additional charge.
Mini Sessions - $210, includes three fully retouched image files
For locations in North Kitsap. Other locations are subject to an additional travel fee.
- This is a thirty minute session at a location of your choice.
- The photos from your session will be uploaded to an on-line gallery. You can choose three images for processing.
- Your choices will be carefully retouched. Let me know what size and resolution you need. Otherwise I will provide JPG files that measure 3,072 pixels on the long side with a resolution of 240 ppi.
- Prints are available for an additional fee.
There is no charge for a portfolio building or experimental session. The model, either male or female, young or old, would receive several carefully retouched files, and I would receive a signed release. Models under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian present. In any case I encourage models to bring someone with them. Sessions will take place at various locations in North Kitsap. Photos from the session may be used on my website. Let me know if you are interested in this arrangement.
Regarding Digital Files
Digital images can look very different on the various devices people use. Both the brightness and the color fidelity can vary considerably, and an excellent image may look pretty bad on some monitors. Visual artists solve this problem by calibrating everything. If your device is not calibrated, you may not be seeing an accurate representation of the photo. My equipment is calibrated and the images will look the way they should on other calibrated monitors.
Similarly, if you have prints made at a budget photo lab they may not look the way they should. For the best results you should use a high-quality color lab. Keep in mind that I can provide prints at reasonable prices.
Prepare For Your Session
- Avoid wearing clothes with bright colors and complex or loud patterns. I want your face to be the subject of the photo, not your clothing. Unless the photo is a business portrait, I prefer casual, comfortable clothing.
- Consider coordinating clothing colors. Some family groups have opted for white shirts and blue jeans with very pleasing results.
- Bring a blanket so sitting on a lawn is more comfortable.
- Bring toys and books for young children.